- If you are receiving unwanted messages from someone you know, reply to the sender with a brief and courteous request to stop:
“Your messages are unwelcome. Do not send me any further messages or attempt to contact me in any way.”
State explicitly that you will take formal action if the messages continue:
“I will treat any further messages as harassment and report them to University authorities.”
- Save the sender’s message and your reply.
- If the messages persist:
- Do not reply to further messages.
- Do not delete them.
- Save them, and make a hard copy.
- Report the harassment immediately.